Wednesday, October 22, 2008

VERSE OF THE WEEK: T.I. addresses his legal troubles on "Ready for Whatever"

"Even though my head in the clouds, I'm planted on the pavement
How I walk around people staring in amazement
I play a lotta games, my well-being I ain't playing with
They so judgmental man but they dont understand
If ya life was in jeopardy everyday is you tellin me
You wouldn't need weaponry just because of ya felony's
Consider this at least I got everybody sweating me
On the streets there's people who wont rest unless I rest in peace
Killed my folk a year ago still in my sleep they threatenin me
Paranoia ya stressin me, ain't nobody protecting me
I'm dealing with the pressure from my partner dying next to me
Think cause no one's arrested they coming for me eventually
This was all the things that I was goin thru mentally
This could be the reason I ignore the penitionary
Not mentioning New Orleans niggas comin in the city
Killin all summer long ain't nobody pay attention
Now is it that hard to understand if you listen
Either die or go to jail, that's a hell of decision
But I'm wrong and I know it my excuse is unimportant
I'm just tryna let you know that I ain't think I had a choice"

No comments:

Post a Comment