Wednesday, October 22, 2008

POWELL'S MOVE A POWER MOVE

A LESSON IN THE ART OF WAR
In what was, in my humble opinion, the most significant individual endorsement of Barack Obama's campaign, Gen. Colin Powell scraped the cream from the center of the oreo (lol, just joking General) and did what he knew was right. There is nothing like seeing a man break tradition and follow his conscience. As a military student I have studied Powell. Though I have not always agreed with his politics I have always respected him. Is it just me or was the TIMING of his endorsement sheer genius? Talk about a power move. Powell, who is a staunch Republican, crossed party lines and hoisted Barack on his shoulders to the chagrin of millions of conservatives who thought they had the old soldier "in the bag". If you study Powell's career he has nearly done it all. With one of the most successful military and political careers in modern history what else is there for you to do, but make history. I don't believe that Colin endorsed Barack on the basis of skin color, alone. He sees the Republican ticket as the circus ticket that it is and took a stand. I feel you general. There comes a time in every man's life where you have to do what you gotta do and let the chips fall where they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment