Monday, September 29, 2008

FIDEL CASTRO SPEAKS ON HIS LIFESTYLE


"Although I've been put on a list of the richest men in the world.....I, honestly don't own a thing. I have a few pesos, because after you've paid the amounts that have been in place since the first year of the Revolution for each service, which are pretty reasonable, you may have some left over. I'm paid the same salary as I always was, and out of that I have to pay Party dues, so much per cent for housing, you pay every month...And it's been quite a few years since I've had a holiday, a good many years since I've had a rest-not even Saturday or Sunday. But I lack for nothing, materially speaking. I have what I need. I don't need much...

"My salary, at the exchange rate of twenty-five pesos per dollar, is thirty dollars a month."

No comments:

Post a Comment