Wednesday, November 18, 2009

PHOTO OF THE WEEK: My "little" Cousin R.J. Jackson



I love this shot!!! It's a picture of my "little" cousin R.J. Jackson a wide-out for LSU. He's like 6'1, 215, but he is still my little cousin. He is real special to me for many reasons; one being he is named after my father who is the older brother of his dad. My dad died in 1983 and my uncle decided to name his firstborn son after him. When you are named after another human being you have the power to carry on the name making it greater in the next generation. I am proud to see my cousin carry my dad's name. Not because he has exemplified pure greatness on the football field, but because he is a very hard worker that is earning everything he gets. It is because he suffered severe injuries early on in his college career, yet persevered under trial and disappointment until his time came. It is because he is an outstanding student-athlete who earned his bachelors degree last May and will have his masters degree in May 2010. It's because he's the type that could lead his team in receptions, as well as prayer. And more than anything it is simply because he is a good guy. I really didn't mean to say all that (but I guess I did). I just wanted to post the picture because I like it. Get 'em J!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment